HANOVER SOCCER CLUB PARENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
Based on Canadian Soccer Association's Fair Play Codes
1. I will not force my child to participate in sports.
2. I will remember that my child plays sport for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
3. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
4. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is as important as winning.
5. I will never ridicule or yell at my child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
6. I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud good plays and performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
7. I will never question the officials’ judgment or honesty in public.
8. I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from children’s sporting activities.
9. I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteer coaches who give their time to provide soccer for my child.
10. I will respect the oppositions players, coaches, and parents.
11. I will not coach my child from the sidelines, just support them positively. I can review the the games with my child by talking about it or special situations during the game. (see 4&5)
12. I will not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, sexuality, religion, Church affiliation or origin.
FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME